Sunday, July 13, 2008

Deception Thy Name is Dataprocessors.org

As promised my part two in the saga that is dataprocessors.org. To get everyone up to date this is what has been going down for the better part of a week.

Step 1. I read/hear about dataprocessors.org
Step 2. I read/hear about how many people have been screwed and scammed by them
Step 3. I spring into action

I paid the and worked and then contacted them for my payment/refund so naturally like everyone else my emails were ignored and the only response I managed to get was an auto response telling me to update my account or something (I don't remember exactly what the email said Deadliest Catch was on gimme a break) So I did some digging and noticed that although they have a refund policy there's no way to get in touch with any customer service or a page on their site or anything like that. Clue #1 it's a scam. So I thought hmmm what else what else. Did some more digging and contacted paypal who offers a dispute section under which you may file a claim for refund from anyone who received money for a product or service through paypal. So I filed a claim and within 24hrs I received a full refund and $5 for being an affiliate, which I'm not. I guess they're confused but hey I'll take it. So long story short contact paypal and get your money back and maybe a little extra like I did. I used to get really pissed at all of the fees related to paypal and ebay but today they were on my side so... water under the bridge ebay/paypal. Lemme know what happens. I'll post to answer any questions if anyone gets stuck.

Very Truly Yours,
SteelRain

XOXO

No comments: